This agreement sets forth the terms and conditions under which you are bound by when registering or connecting to any Arena-Tournament service.
If you feel a player has violated this agreement, please report them with the corresponding system.
# I. Code of Conduct
The guidelines and rules listed below explain what behaviour is expected of you and what behaviour you can expect from other users both in-game and on the forum. Note that the following guidelines are not exhaustive, and may not address all manner of offensive behaviour.
While using any Arena-Tournament service, you will encounter a large number of users who share different experiences and come from different backgrounds. While certain language and images may not be offensive to you, consider the fact that the same language and images may have a completely different effect on someone else.
All users on Arena-Tournament must adhere to these rules. Violations will lead to the corresponding sanction on the player’s in-game or forum account.
# A. Naming policy
When choosing a character name, creating a guild, or otherwise creating a label that can be seen by other users using the Game or the service, you must abide by the guidelines set forth here, as well as the rules of common decency.
If Arena-Tournament staff finds such a label to be offensive or inappropriate, it may, in its sole and absolute discretion, change the name, remove the label and corresponding chat room, and/or suspend or terminate your use of the service. Guilds which violate the policy will be deleted with or without warning.
You may not create a name or label related, referring, incorporates or utilizes any of the following:
- Religion, Politics, Organizations;
- Nationality, Racism, Ethnics;
- Harassment or Defamation;
- Obscenity, Vulgarity, Insults;
- Sexually explicit, Violence;
- Hateful, Drugs, Unlawful;
- Staff member or any staff oriented name;
# B. Interacting with players and staff
Communicating in-game with other users and staff members, whether by text or any other method, is a fundamental element of the Game. The following rules are not intended to be exhaustive. Arena-Tournament staff may use their discretion to decide what may break these rules.
When communicating with other users and staff, you may not:
- Communicate any unlawful, obscene, racist or any such language and/or imagery deemed inappropriate by Arena-Tournament staff.
- Circumvent the /ignore function to communicate with a user, regardless of circumstances.
- Disrupt any feature of the Game and/or any component thereof in a manner that is deemed negatively on other users, including but not
- limited to, sending junk mail, repeated unsolicited messages, sending advertisement and/or services for goods or services originating outside the Game.
- Participate in any action that, in the sole and absolute discretion of Arena-Tournament staff, results or may result in a player being "scammed" or defrauded out of currency or any other items the user has earned.
- Advertise or operate services in-game and/or on the forum which in the sole discretion of Arena-Tournament staff is considered a casino and/or gambling.
- Send chat messages that has in any way been modified to change the publicly shown color of the respective message.
- Impersonate any user, including without limitation any “game master” or any other Arena-Tournament staff member.
- Communicate, post and/or direct users to information regarding a user’s or staff member’s identity and/or personal information.
- Institute, assist, threaten, or become involved in an attack upon any Arena-Tournament service or any of its users in an attempt to disrupt the servers or experience of users.
- Lie to, or attempt to deceive Arena-Tournament staff.
- Use non-English language in public channels.
# C. Gameplay
# a ). Player vs Player
The Arena-Tournament staff recognizes all play styles to be valid and a part of the game and not harassment. Killing players of your opposing faction, including camping players at spirit healers, corpses and/or gravestones, is considered a part of the game.
While playing on a Player vs. Player server, you should always remember to protect yourself in zones where the members of a hostile faction can attack you.
# b ). Streaming / Stream Sniping
Streaming on any service is allowed by Arena-Tournament, however, we encourage you to research the TOU of the streaming service you intend to use in order to protect your streaming account.
The act of “stream sniping” is not a violation of this agreement as we cannot intervene if someone in-game makes the decision to communicate their every move, thereby informing other users of their position and/or in-game status.
# c ). Safespotting
Safespotting is prohibited under all circumstances. This is the act of engaging in PvP combat while:
- Exploiting a position that cannot be reached by basic jumping (no wall-climbing)
- Being in an advantageous position where an NPC cannot reach you due to pathing or some other game mechanic used as an unintended advantage
- Being out of the aggro range or line of sight of an NPC is not safespotting except when pathing is exploited to shorten the required distance to aggro the NPC.
- Being on an object and in range of a guard that would attack you the moment you stepped off the object.
- Being on various interconnected platforms (rooftops, decks, walkways, etc.) with varied heights and connected pathing that reduces the distance you must be away from an NPC.
Please note that we will rarely, if ever, intervene inside a battleground for safespotting. The following rooftops are prohibited in battlegrounds and will be considered safespotting:
- Blacksmith (until level 60 battlegrounds)
- Lumber Mill
# d ). Certain behaviour goes beyond what is considered fair and are considered a violation of this agreement. This behaviour includes, but is not limited to, the following:
Using or exploiting errors in design, features, and/or bugs to gain access that is otherwise not available, to facilitate and/or grant you an advantage over other players.
Engaging players through various world terrain, such as roofs that is otherwise not accessible to gain an advantage.
Intentionally not participating in a battleground.
# D. Griefing
Players can interact in a variety of ways, not all of them constructive. You may encounter players that steal resource nodes, chests, items, lead monsters to new areas and summon demons that raise havoc.
Arena-Tournament staff will not intervene in these situations as the community may take measures concerning these players. However, behaviour that is considered to be contrary to the essence of the Game will be considered a violation of this agreement.
Such behaviour is considered griefing which includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Summoning demons at the initial starting zones of new players;
- Intentionally killing or disabling important quest NPCs for an extended period of time;
- Intentionally causing any of the four demons for Stave of the Ancients to despawn;
- Intentionally causing The Cleaner to appear during The Balance of Light and Dark;
- Intentionally interrupting or negatively influencing a raid group that is currently engaged in ANY world boss encounter on the PvE realm
- with either faction characters;
- Intentionally interrupting or negatively influencing a raid group that is currently engaged in ANY world boss encounter on the PvP
- realms with same-faction characters.
- World boss encounters are unique circumstances, and resolution will be determined at the discretion of the attending GM. For same faction on PVP & all raid groups on PVE - we strongly suggest a “first come, first serve” mentality when encountering world bosses.
# E. Forum
Arena-Tournament can’t allow all kinds of discussion on the forum. The forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss ideas, give game-play advice, role-play, and converse about any other aspect with other players.
Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow users with respect, courtesy and common decency. Therefore, please be civilized when participating. Arena-Tournament staff need to be able to read everything you post to ensure it abides by this agreement.
Posts not in English are subject to deletion.
Arena-Tournament staff reserves the right to delete, move or edit any post with or without warning nor explanation to the user. In extreme cases, Arena-Tournament staff may limit or block the forum access from a user.
# II. Account Information
Arena-Tournament staff will never ask for your account details or share any confidential information. For the safety of your account, never share any of your account information, such as email addresses, account names, or passwords.
# A. Account security
The account owner is responsible for the security of the account and that it’s sufficiently protected. Note that Arena-Tournament staff does not recover hacked accounts.
- Never share your account information;
- Have a unique and complicated password that does not exceed 16 characters;
- Connect yourself from a secure computer and network;
- Never download unsafe files that might contain viruses/malware;
- Never use the same credentials (username and password) on another server or service.
# B. Account sharing/trading
You may not purchase, sell, gift, share, lend or trade any account or offer to purchase, sell, gift share, lend of trade any account. Any such attempt will result in immediate account closure.
The only exception to this is a guild bank. To be considered a Guild Bank no character on any server can be above level 5. If a guild chooses to create a shared bank it is at their own risk. No action to investigate, recover or punish anyone for removing any item from a shared guild bank will be taken by the Arena-Tournament Project. Sharing a guild bank is at your own risk.